Can You Hide Highlights on Instagram
What would you do if you wanted to create a highlight story on Instagram but didn’t want it to be entirely visible to the public? What steps can you take to make this happen?
In this post, you will learn a few different strategies for keeping your Instagram highlights private.
So, What are the Highlights on Instagram?
Instagram highlights are stories that are extracted from longer stories that you want to be displayed on your profile for more than one day. So, this is the very first thing that people will see when they visit your account.
How to Prevent Other People From Viewing Your Highlights on Instagram?
The question can essentially be answered in two different ways.
First Method: To identify the people you do not want to see your highlights and to ensure that they do not have access to those highlights.
Second Method: Simply delete any highlights that you have created but do not want to be visible to other people because you have changed your mind.
As you continue reading, you will get a more in-depth description of how to carry out these steps.
How to Hide Highlights on Instagram Without Deleting
On Instagram, you have the option to hide your highlights, as was mentioned earlier. In this manner, only certain individuals will have the opportunity to view the highlighted portion of the story that you created.
There are two different approaches you might take in order to conceal your Instagram highlight:
- You can hide highlights by adjusting your privacy settings.
- Make a list of your closest friends to limit the number of people who can view your Instagram highlights.
Bonus read: how to Get Access Data on Insta
How to Hide Highlights on Instagram from Somone
To Hide Highlights, the following is the procedure using the privacy settings.
- Launch the Instagram platform.
- Tap on your profile in the lower right-hand corner of your screen to complete this task. Simply clicking on the icon will open up your profile for you.
- Tap on three horizontal lines and reads “Menu.”
- Scroll down until you reach the options that have been made available, and then pick “Settings.”
- In the Settings menu, look for the icon that looks like a lock and then tap on it. This will activate the Privacy Setting option.
- Find the heading labeled “Story” on the page then select “Hide my story from“
Above Steps in Pics after going to profile settings:
This will take you to a page where you can access the accounts of those who are following you as well as those who follow you. When choosing the accounts from which you want to hide your Instagram story highlight, pick them in a methodical manner.
If an account has been chosen, this will be indicated by a blue checkmark in the appropriate spot. After you have finished, you will be able to return to your profile.
Hide Instagram Highlights From Certain People
If you want to hide your story highlight from some accounts, you can select them using your privacy settings. This works best if the accounts you want to select are relatively little in number.
When you want to hide your story highlight from a significant number of individuals in your Instagram space, using your privacy option might be a laborious process because of the number of people involved.
The easiest way is to have a list of people and hide your highlights from them
Follow the below methods.
- Go to your profile, and click on your profile Icon.
- From the top right corner, click three bars.
- Select “Close Friends.“
- You will see a Close Friends page that contains a list of the people who are able to view your highlight. This list includes both the people you are following and the people who are following you.
- Choose the ones that you would like to add to the list.
- When you have added all of the people you want to add, press the “Done” button in the upper right.
- Simply return to the page where your Instagram Feed is shown in order to add a new story. After pressing the “Story” button, you can add a highlight to the story. You can upload the story from your gallery if you do not want to use the camera button on the app.
- Insert the newly crafted highlight into the story, then press the symbol with the larger than sign (>).
- Then, select the “Close Friends” option from the drop-down menu.
Afterward, select “Share” to upload your highlight and have it hidden from those added to the Close Friends list.
How to Delete Instagram Highlights
To Completely Hide the highlights which you shared, the best option is to delete them.
You can either delete your highlight from your profile or directly from the highlight.
follow the below steps to delete highlights:
- Launch Instagram.
- Located the profile icon and press on it to open your profile.
- Tap the highlight to be deleted underneath the profile edit feature.
- Tap the highlight by pressing and holding the highlight for 2 seconds.
- The “Delete Highlight” will appear then Tap on it.
How can I find out who is hiding my story?
You can check it by going to your story settings page. This page will show a list of people who have hidden your story.
How to Delete an Instagram Story Highlight From Highlight
- Open Instagram.
- Find the story you wish to delete.
- Press the more icon which is a 3-dots symbol.
- Select “Remove from highlight”.
- Then, press ” Remove”.
- Once this is done, the story highlight will not be visible anymore on Instagram.
How to undo the hiding of a story highlight in my Instagram account?
A highlight you’ve concealed cannot be undone in a straightforward manner.
This is due to the fact that you either erased the highlight or chose the people you do not want to view it.
Can I edit the accounts added to my Close Friends list?
Yes, follow the below method:
- Go to profile Icone> Tap three dots on the top right corner.
- Select “Close Friends”.
- The list will be displayed. At the end of each account on the list is a ” Remove” option. Remove undesired friend
Why do I still see someone’s Instagram story after watching it?
If the person who posted the Instagram story has set their account to “Story Highlights,” it’s possible that it will continue to appear after you have seen it.
This indicates that even after you’ve viewed their story, it will continue to appear in your feed for 24 hours.
Can you identify the Instagram users Who Viewed your Profile?
Yes, Navigate to your profile and select the “followers” option to see who has visited it.
You can get a list of the individuals who have viewed your profile by clicking on the word “following” underneath that there is a list of people who viewed your profile.
If you posted a story highlight on Instagram that you are no longer comfortable having seen by the public, you do not need to panic about it. Simply remove the story highlight from your highlights.
Utilizing IG’s Close Friends feature is another way to accomplish this.
Add the people you don’t want your tale to highlight to the list by going to your menu, choosing the Close Friends function, and then clicking on it.
With this, you may choose the Close Friends list after making your narrative highlight to keep folks on the list from seeing it.