In this post, I will share with you “How to find discord backup codes.txt” on your computer.
How to Find Discord_backup_codes.txt
You can find your discord_backup_codes.txt under the downloads folder directory which is C:\users\Username\Downloads, it is always going to be in the default location of downloaded files unless you have moved it to somewhere else.
You will have to download the discord_backup_codes.txt files first, if you had never downloaded then these files will never be found on your computer.
To obtain discord_backup_codes txt go to discord then user settings > My Account then click download back code.
Lost discord Backup Codes?
You have lost 2FA APP, or Your phone is lost or broken and you are unable to log in to Discord.
Following are the few things you can try to Solve Discord Backup Codes
- Make sure you’re signed in to Discord’s desktop/browser client or mobile app because your current password will allow you to view your backup codes.
- Look for “discord backup codes.txt” on your PC.
- If you have backup codes, they are one-time to use only, so do not waste them, instead and login to your discord and disable 2FA as Follows.
- Open Discord and Go To Settings > My Account.
- Click My Account from the left panel, You will see 2FA in the middle, select Remove 2FA.
It will ask you to enter 6 digits code to disable 2FA, but you can use those 8 digits, one-time-only codes to disable 2FA.
Please Note, that if you don’t have access to your backup codes discord will not be able to remove 2FA and you will have to create a new account.
How to View Discord Backup Codes
If you are on the web, go to the discord website enter login information, Go to User Settings, then My Account section.
Verify your password, then scroll down and click View Backup Codes.
On Desktop Discord:
- The settings icon can be found in the lower-left corner of a desktop version, and for cell phone(discord_backup_codes.txt mobile) the icon is green and situated in the bottom right corner.
- Under the My account section, you will find backup codes.
- Select View Backup Codes, then enter and verify your password.
- Save the discord backup codes.txt file to your hard drive. Keep that file in a secure area, or email yourself with the subject: discord backup.
How to Find 6 digit authentication code on Discord?
Never use your discord backup codes(8digit one-time codes), instead, use authentication apps like authy or google authenticator to log in.
Open your authentication app and click your discord account, it will show 6 digit number refreshing every 30 seconds.
How to get rid of 2FA on Discord without the code?
You can not disable your 2FA without an authentication app or one-time backup codes.
However, if you have 2FA or 8-digit codes, then on Discord go to user settings > My account under Password & Authentication you will find backup codes to be used for one time, take a screenshot, and then press the “Remove 2FA” button. Enter 6 digit/8 digit codes and remove it
What is Discord Security Code?
This is an extra layer of protection provided by discord. Every time you log in to Discord, the two-factor authentication (2FA) service uses Google Authenticator or Authy to deliver a temporary code to your smartphone.
Until you input this code and prove your identity, Discord won’t let you access your account.
Discord_Backup_Codes txt can be found in your downloads folder, however, you can obtain the latest copy of the file by following the method explained above.
In some cases, if you lose a 2FA device, you can use 8-digit codes to log in and remove the 2FA device.
However, If you don’t have login access to discord, and you don’t have a 2FA device & 8-digit code, you can not log in to your discord, and you will have to create a new account.