Discord Inspect Element not Working
Discord inspect element is not working? No worries, keep reading through this post I will tell you the reason why it is not working and how to fix the Discord Inspect element.
So, one of the most entertaining platforms on the internet where you can engage in conversation with a diverse range of individuals and communities that share your interests is called Discord.
In addition to providing a platform for engaging in conversation with members of communities that share similar perspectives, Discord has also served as a venue for the fabrication of communications, primarily for the purpose of fun and pleasure.
What Does Discord Inspect Feature Do
The Inspect Element option on the PC (Windows and Mac) version of the Discord program made it easy to send disguised(fake) messages across the platform. Basically, this feature was used to send prank messages.
However, new reports from users indicate that the Discord Inspect Element is not functioning properly on their PC.
It has been observed by users that there is no inspect Elements window that displays on their Windows or Macintosh personal computers when they use the key combinations Ctrl + Shift + I or Command + Option + I accordingly.
This indicates that the users will no longer have access to the Inspect Element feature in Discord.
Let’s find out Why.
Why Isn’t the Discord Inspect Element Working?
There is a large number of Discord users who have expressed their dissatisfaction with the fact that the Inspect Element functionality on the Discord PC client does not work properly.
Now, you may believe that this is a problem; however, the truth of the matter is that Discord has disabled the Inspect Element feature itself.
This was confirmed by a member of the Discord team in one of the discussions that took place on Reddit.
How to Solve Discord Inspect Element Issues
Even if you are aware that Discord discontinued the in-app Inspect element capability, you are still able to use it when you access the platform via a web browser.
When you access the Discord website with a web browser like Google Chrome or Firefox, you will have the ability to examine each component of the page.
Follow the Below steps to see the working Inspect element On the Discords web version
- Launch Google Chrome or your preferred web browser.
- You can access your account by going to the official Discord website and logging in there.
- On your keyboard, you should press the Command, Option, and J keys (on Mac).
- Alternatively, you can use Ctrl + Shift + J. (on Windows).
- This will bring up the window for the Developer Tools, so click on the icon that looks like a cursor (top left of the Developer Tools).
- In the end, select the element on the Discord web page that you like to inspect and click the Inspect button.
- You can also try out the Public Testing Beta version of Discord.
For the benefit of those who were unaware, the Inspect Element feature of the Discord Desktop software has been deactivated since the Stable version was released.
You can still get this functionality in the Cannery and beta versions of it, and you may download the PTB version of Discord if you want to test it out for yourself.
To give this a shot, you will need to complete the following:
- Proceed to the download page for the Discord client.
- Simply scroll down until you see the Download Public Test Build button, and then click on it.
- Choose your operating system.
- You will need to download the Discord setup file, open the file, and then install the PTB version of Discord on your personal computer.
You can now utilize the Discord Inspect Element function by hitting Command + Option + I (on a Mac) or Ctrl + Shift + I on a Windows computer (on Windows).
You also have the option of using the Cannery version, although there are reports that indicate it is more likely to have bugs and other kinds of malfunctions.
How to Enable Inspect Element on Windows App
You will need to access the app’s internal files on Windows in order to make modifications to those files to use the Windows version of Discord. So follow the below steps:
- To begin, press the Windows Key and the R key simultaneously, then open the dialogue box and input 100 percent AppData 100 percent.
- Navigate to the Roaming folder and then open the “discord” folder.
- Locate the file titled “settings.json,” and then open it using notepad or any other text editor of your choosing.
- The fourth step is to type — at the end of the second-to-last bracket.”DANGEROUS ENABLE DEVTOOLS ONLY ENABLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING”: true
- The fifth step is to check that your file appears as shown above.
- Save the file before leaving the text editor at this point.
- Relaunch the Discord app by first quitting the program and then starting it up again.
- To open the developer’s tool console, press the CTRL+Shift+I keys simultaneously.
This should enable you to Inspect elements on the windows version of App.
Reddit: Can’t Inspect Discord Element Anymore
Going Through Reddit, I found discord has disabled inspect element, but there is still work around according to the following thread.
"DANGEROUS_ENABLE_DEVTOOLS_ONLY_ENABLE_IF_YOU_KNOW_WHAT_YOURE_DOING": true in
Does discord notify you when you leave a group?