How to Fix Can’t Play Video on Telegram
To Fix Can’t Play Video on Telegram you need quickly update telegram app, and then go to your settings and go to telegram app tap force stop app, and then clear cache, this should solve the video issue on Telegram.
There will be occasions in which the videos that you download from Telegram cannot be played on your mobile phone.
Why Can’t i play video on telegram
This is due to the fact that certain video file formats might not work properly with the player that is preinstalled on your phone because of old version and restricted settings.
There are a few things you can do to fix this problem.
This post will demonstrate how to play videos on Telegram.
Download the video First then play it on Telegram
It’s possible that you’ll try to play a video file that’s not been downloaded onto your device that’s up to 1800mbs in size.
You will first need to download the entire video from Telegram, and only after that should you attempt to play it using the Gallery application.
If you attempt to play the video before downloading it, Telegram will give you the following error message: “Video not optimized for streaming”
Launch Telegram on your phone, then navigate to a group or channel in Telegram.
Locate the video that you wish to download, and then examine the thumbnail to determine the size of the video file.
Download the file.
You can dismiss the Telegram app and continue to use your phone if you are using an Android device that has more than 4 gigabytes of random access memory (RAM).
You should keep Telegram open until it has finished downloading the movie.
Once the download is complete, you should move the clip to the gallery area.
Bonus read: view telegram messages without seeing them
After downloading play with the gallery player or google app.
Play Video Through Google Photos
Within the Google Photos app available for Android devices, the downloaded movies are organized into a distinct Telegram folder. On Android, Google Photos supports a variety of well-known video formats, including MP4, and it can play back videos saved in any of those formats without any problems.
- First things first, launch the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the option titled “Library.”
- Navigate to the folder labeled “Telegram.” Launch the video after you’ve successfully opened it.
If Google Photos can play the Telegram video that you downloaded, you will see a thumbnail for the video similar to the ones displayed in the photos above.
There is a possibility that you may not be able to view the video thumbnail for the Telegram video that you have downloaded, and instead, you will only see a blank screen as a video thumbnail.
This demonstrates that Google Photos cannot play the Telegram video on Android; instead, you will need to use a third-party video player on your device in order to watch the video.
Video not Optimized for streaming. you may need to download it in full to play it
This problem happens when you have not completely downloaded the video on telegram and your are trying to play it, the solution is to let the video completely download first, in some cases, it works because of file size and buffering capacity.
Use 3rd Party Player to Play this video
The default video player on Android will not allow you to play some video formats such as MKV or FLV. Let us walk you through the process of playing any Telegram video on a VLC media player so that you can get started right away.
- First, open the Google Play Store app on your device and look for the VLC media player.
- Then Locate the app’s Install button and then tap it to begin downloading it to your Android device.
- Launch the VLC app and grant it the appropriate access to search through the contents of the phone’s storage.
- VLC will search through the storage of the device for all of the videos and display them in the tab labeled “Video.”
- If you are still unable to see Telegram videos in the VLC home, you can select video files from the folders on your device by moving to the Browse tab in VLC.
There is also another approach to take. You may locate the video that was downloaded from Telegram by using the file manager that comes pre-installed on Android, and then use VLC to play it. Here are the steps:
If you are still unable to play the video the apply following solutions.
Restart the device you’re using
Despite the fact that this solution may appear to be straightforward, it is actually quite powerful in resolving the majority of the application’s bugs and internal conflicts.
If your videos on Telegram won’t play, you can try restarting your smartphone to force the app to reload all of its resources.
Verify that your network connection is working properly
It’s possible that watching videos online can use up a lot of your bandwidth. It is possible that you will struggle to stream videos on your smartphone if the network that you are using is unreliable.
Because of this, if you are unable to play videos on Telegram, we recommend verifying your network connection.
You can do it by playing any HD video on youtube, if you notice any delay and buffering that means you have a poor connection.
How to Troubleshoot Video Playing Issue on Telegram
There may be a number of reasons why you’re experiencing problems watching videos on Telegram. You might attempt the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check your internet connection: Poor internet connectivity can cause issues with playing videos on Telegram. Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection before attempting to play a video.
- Update Telegram: Make sure you have the latest version of Telegram installed on your device. You can check for updates in your device’s app store.
- Clear app cache: Clearing the cache of the Telegram app can sometimes help to resolve video playback issues. To do this on an Android device, go to “Settings” > “Apps & notifications” > “Telegram” > “Storage & cache” > “Clear cache.” On an iPhone, go to “Settings” > “General” > “iPhone Storage” > “Telegram” > “Offload App.”
- Try a different video player: If the problem persists, try using a different video player app on your device to play the video.
- Contact Telegram support: If none of these steps solve the issue, you can try contacting Telegram support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or identify an issue with the app itself.