How to Make All Your Videos Private on TikTok
Yes, you can make videos private on TikTok. If you make a video private, it will be hidden from the “For You” page and your profile will not show how many views or likes the video received.
When you Signup for TikTok it is always public, and every TikTok user can view your videos and leave comments, reactions, or duets to interact with the content you’ve shared and made. Nevertheless, you can quickly change your account to a private one by visiting your Privacy Options.
Following is step by step guide to make all your videos on TikTok private or any Individual video to be private:
Also, you can learn how to change your Individual TikTok Private video back to Public.
1. How to Make all your Videos Private on TikTok
To Make all TikTok videos private follow these steps;
- Open your TikTok Application
- Go To Me Section
- Click Right Upper Corner(3 Dots)
- Click Privacy & Safety
- Scroll Down, and go to Who Can React to Your Videos
- Select No One
There you go, you, all your videos are not private on TikTok.
2. How to Make a TikTok Video Private
I’m going to show you how to make your single video private on TikTok.
So, if you have a particular video and you like to make it private Follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- Once you’re connected to the Internet go ahead and open your Tik Tok. Now tap the Me icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, select the video that you want to make private, and tap on it.
- And once you tap the video will open, now look at the right side and find 3 dots, three horizontal dots.
- Once you do, you’ll see three rows, look at the lower section or the bottom.
- Here you’ll notice a padlock icon, which can be clearly seen right there almost in the middle.
- it also says privacy settings tap on it and once you do tap, it will bring up the screen.
- You can see, that it gives you three options, it also allows you to control your comments, so the first option is the one you will need to select.
- Once you select, it shows you furthermore 3 options to select from. Select the option that says, Private.
Also, keep in mind, that it will ask you to accept local laws. Just accept it.
There you go, you have just made your TikTok video private.
It will disappear from the public feed, and only it will disappear to you but will appear under the padlock Tab.
Does Privating TikTok Videos Hurt Account
When you make a TikTok video private, it can have an impact on your account’s growth and reach. This is because private videos are only visible to you and the users that you follow. As a result, your private videos will not be visible to a wider audience, which can impact the engagement and reach of your content.
Be very careful, if your video is older than 48 hours, because TikTok considers last 48 engagement metric to be more relevant, so if your post was shared on other places, the users will not be able to find it on TikTok, Hence Algorithm will scrap everything attached to video and ultimately hurt your account.
The TikTok algorithm prioritizes videos with high engagement and views, as these are seen as indicators of quality content. So, when you make a a recent video private, it will not be visible to users outside of your chosen audience, which can impact the engagement and views it receives. This can in turn affect the performance of your overall account, as your private videos are not contributing to your account’s overall engagement and reach.
However, it’s worth noting that the impact of private videos on your account’s growth will depend on a variety of factors,such as the size of your audience, and the frequency of your video posts. If you have a large and engaged audience, the impact of private videos on your account’s growth may be minimal. Similarly, if you consistently post high-quality content, your account’s growth may not be significantly impacted by private videos.
That being said, if you’re looking to grow your TikTok account and reach a wider audience, it’s generally recommended to make your videos public.
3. How to Make a TikTok Video Private To Public
in order to remove a video from private:
- Go to your TikTok App main page.
- Look carefully in this area here you’ll notice there are three tabs, and one of them is with a padlock.
- Tap the one with a padlock, it will now show all your private videos.
- Notice that once you set it to private the video has lost all its views, also the icon of the padlock is there.
- Tap again the padlock icon and reverse the process.
- Tap the three dots, once you do, go ahead again and hit on privacy settings.
- we’re going to tap on who can view the video, and once you’re there again you are going to change it from private to public.
This is how simple it is to make your TikTok Videos from Public to Private and switch back from private to public.
What happens when you make a TikTok video private
Only those you authorise can follow you, view your videos, LIVE videos, bio, likes, and following and followers lists if you have a private account. Other users won’t be able to Duet, Stitch, or download your videos if you have a private account.
Warning, if you are content creator, this will hurt your account, as you going to lose more views, and if someone has shared your video, it will not playable unless they are your followers.
FAQs about Making Videos Private on TikTok
Who can See Private Videos on TikTok
Private videos can not be seen by the public unless you have shared your videos with friends through TikTok. you can view the setting by clicking 3 dots on the video and then going under the privacy settings and then who can view this video, If it is private, then only you can see it.
Where do my Private Videos go on TikTok?
Your private videos do not go anywhere, they are not visible to the public. They stay on TikTok app.
Can you Unprivate a TikTok video
You can easily make your private video back to the public by going to the video and clicking 3 dots or the privacy icon then clicking privacy settings, selecting who can see this video then choosing public.
There you go, you can also follow step 3 which is described above.
If your TikTok is Private Can you be on the FYP
You can be on for you page for a particular public video but not for the whole TikTok profile. In case you want to know if you make your video private and still be on FYP, that is not going to happen. Private means only you or your friends can see.
Generally, while private TikTok videos may not have a significant impact on the growth of your account, they do limit the reach and engagement of your content. If you’re looking to grow your TikTok account and reach a wider audience, it’s generally recommended to make your videos public.