How to Restrict Someone on Messenger
In this post, I will share with you how to restrict anyone on FB messenger until recently, the only way to restrict people on Facebook was to use the Facebook mobile app or website.
However, this is no longer the case, now you can restrict anyone on Messenger.
You can also remove these restrictions on anyone, and find out how to unrestrict someone.
How to Restrict Someone on FB Messenger
Check your messenger version, it should be the latest version, to find out: go to the iOS App store or play store, and type FB messenger, if it says update then update your messenger otherwise you have the latest version.
- Launch the Messenger app and navigate to the person whose access you wish to limit.
- Launch the Messenger app and navigate to the chat whose access you wish to limit.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Choose “Restrict” from the options under “Privacy and support.”
- After the process of restricting has been completed, it will say “Person is restricted” next to the name of the person.
The above method will work for Android and iPhone.
How to Restrict Multiple People on Messenger
It is a simple go-to chat, and Long-pressing specific chats and a list will appear select Make your selection from the list using the ‘Restrict‘ option.
For iPhone: Swipe to the left on a chat while you are viewing it on the Chats screen on your iPhone or iPad, hit the “More” button, and then tap the “Restrict“.
How to view private messages on the Messenger platform
Learn here the embedded browser issue on FB.