How to Unrestrict Someone on Messenger
In the most recent update to Messenger for iOS and Android, Facebook included a new option to unrestrict, and restrict the user through the messenger app rather than going to Facebook App.
This Messenger’s function is an excellent alternative to blocking or unfriending a contact in order to reduce the amount of time spent interacting with them.
In this post, I will show you how to remove restrictions on FB Messenger.
Steps: How to UnRestrict Someone on Messenger
- Open your messenger app and tap on your profile picture.
- Go to the ‘Restricted accounts‘ section of the Privacy menu.
- You will be able to view the list of Messenger contacts that you have blocked access to in this section.
- Tap the person’s name that you wish to remove from the restricted list on Messenger in order to unrestrict them.
- Tap the ‘Unrestrict‘ button that can be found at the bottom of the chat window.
- You will receive a notification stating that ‘Person is unrestricted’.
What happens when you Restrict someone on Messenger?
Here is how the restricting function works when you use it in your Messenger chat to restrict a person or contact.
- The restricted contact will be unaware of whether or not you have seen their communications or whether or not you are currently active.
- When a restricted individual calls you or sends you a message, you won’t be notified of either event.
- The chat is removed from the list of conversations available to restricted accounts.
- When you restrict someone, they will not be informed of the change.
- You are unable to phone or send a message to the restricted individual.
Also read: add a stylish bio on your FB profile.
How to send a sound message on Messenger.