How to Use Saved Audio on Instagram Story
The quickest approach to adding your favorite audio to an Instagram Story is to save the audio from an existing Reel and then add it to your Instagram Story as you’re producing it.
In this post you will learn:
- How to Use Saved Audio on Instagram Story.
- A step-by-step method to add them to your own stories.
- Use Locally stored Audio for your Story.
- How to use sound on Instagram saved storage on your video for the story.
While browsing Instagram, you may have come across songs in Instagram reels, posts, or stories that you loved so much and you saved them so that you could use them in your own story. If this is the case, and you are finding a way to use them in your stories then keep reading as I will explain in a step-by-step method.
By the way, you are free to use all songs from Instagram in your Reels and Stories. The question is: what about the tunes/songs that you’ve saved? Are you able to utilize them within Instagram Stories?
Let me explain how to use it.
Can you use the audio that you’ve saved on Instagram?
You are able to use the audio that you saved (in the saved list) on Instagram through the app’s library; however, you are unable to use the audio that you have downloaded or saved in the memory of your phone, at least not without some modification through 3rd party apps.
Instagram’s ‘Saved‘ section lets you keep track of the music you’ve heard in Reels and elsewhere.
Your most used and favorite music will be stored in a convenient location, so you can quickly access them when you need them.
But, that saved song doesn’t provide the option to use them in your stories, and in the following method, I will show you how to do it.
How to add Saved Audio to Instagram Story
You have the option of accessing the Saved audio from the ‘Saved‘ list in your Instagram account or straight from the storage space on your device.
Use whichever of the two methods listed below makes the most sense for your situation right now.
First Method: Select the song or audio file from your Saved items
Pick the saved audio that you want to incorporate into your Story.
If you have not previously saved the audio or music on Instagram, you can search for the song, choose it from the results of your search, and then click “Save audio” from the menu that appears at the top.
If you want to save the audio from a Reel, open the Reel that particular reel, tap on the audio thumbnail in the lower right corner of the screen, and then tap on the “Save audio“option at the very top of the screen.
Above Steps in Following Pictures:
After Saving the audio follow the below step-by-step method to add to your story.
You can only add native Instagram songs to your stories if they are saved in the Instagram app.
However, you can download the reel, extract the audio from it, and then upload it to your story.
Follow the instructions below to use the custom audio-only.
1. Locate the Song that has been Saved
Launch Instagram and navigate to the bottom right corner of the screen and tap on the icon that represents your profile.
- Now, hit the menu symbol that is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Saved’ > “Audio” button.
- Find the song you want to include in your story, and make a note of its name.
Above Steps in Pics below:
2. Add saved Audio to Instagram Story
- Launch Instagram, and on the home feed, slide right to access the camera, and select story to record.
- Tap the ‘Stickers‘ icon at the top once the video has been captured.
- You should now search for “Music,” and when you see the sticker appear in the results of your search, you should tap on it.
- Tap the search bar that’s located at the very top of the page, and then enter the title of the music that you wrote down earlier.
- When the song appears in your search results, you should select it by tapping on it.
Above steps in Pictures Below:
Extras To Add :
- You can change which portion of the audio gets added to your video by touching the timeline at the bottom of the screen and dragging it to the left or right.
- Plus, you can change the color of the lyrics that are displayed on your screen by tapping on the color symbol.
Press “Done” Once Finished.
And that wraps things up!
Your narrative will now include the song that you choose to use.
You are now free to continue modifying the tale in the usual manner and upload it to your account as you would usually.
Second Method: Use Saved Audio in your Story From Memory
To add audio that is stored on mobile to your Instagram story, you will first need to record the story and save it to your local storage. After that, you can add the audio that is stored locally to your story.
You will need Video Editor to attach local audio to the story, and then upload it to Instagram
- First, make sure that the ‘Story‘ option is chosen at the bottom of the screen, and then move on to recording the video that you want to upload.
- Once the video has been captured, you can silence the audio by tapping the “Audio” icon that is located at the very top of the screen.
- To access the menu, select the three dots icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose the “Save” option.
The video will be stored in the storage available on your device at this time.
Use any Free video editor, combine both audio and video and then export it.
Upload Exported Video As a Story
Open Instagram after the image has been exported, and then swipe right to access the camera.
Make sure that the ‘Story‘ option is selected at the bottom of the screen, and then tap the ‘Gallery‘ icon that is located in the bottom left corner of the display as shown in the following picture.
Now: Click the Arrow Icon “Next” > “Story” > Share As Story
That is it, now you have shared locally stored sound with video to your story.
Relevant Issues with Instagram Story
Why can’t I use saved music on my Instagram story?
You may need to upgrade your Instagram app if you are unable to add music to an Instagram Story. Or, If you are unable to add music to an Instagram Story or video, it may be because you reside in a region where copyright restrictions prevent the feature from being used.
Is it possible to reach the ‘Saved’ section in Reels?
Yes, Record a reel as you normally would, then hit the ‘Music‘ symbol on the left side of the screen, and then tap the ‘Saved‘ button at the very top of the screen.
It is expected that you will now have access to all of the audio that you have saved on Instagram.
Is it possible to reimagine Instagram Stories?
Instagram does not yet have the capability to allow users to remix their Stories.
Can I immediately add audio from my local storage to the StoryI create?
Unfortunately, when publishing Instagram stories, you cannot use audio files stored locally on your device because Instagram does not support this feature.
This is a restriction that was implemented in an effort to protect intellectual property rights on the platform.
Lastly: Instagram has introduced a lot of new features across its platform.
This includes Stories and Reels, two features for the platform that were eagerly anticipated.
Because users have been making use of these new features to acquire new audiences, Instagram decided to provide a large library of music to its platform.