Why Does TikTok Take So much Space
So, Tik Tok allows users to store videos as drafts, some people just keep on storing them without realizing that they have run out of space and raise the question, Why Does TikTok Take So much Space? well, it is easy to fix, go to your drafts and remove the unwanted videos first, then follow the below steps for the next action.
1. How to Free Up Occupied Space by TikTok
- Open your TikTok App.
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap Three Lines at the Top Right Corner.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Scroll down to ‘Cache and cellular data’.
- Tap Clear Cache or draft.
2. Free Up Space in Mobile from TikTok
- Go to your Mobile Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Then Find TikTok.
- Tap Storage.
- Select “Clear Data”, Please note it will remove all your data including your TikTok account sign in details & videos on your mobile. So, please make sure you note down your login details and take a backup of your videos.
Want to learn how to make money on TikTok try this free Guide.
The reason TikTok Takes a lot of space is that it is designed to load For You feed on your local storage while you are watching the current video to give you a seamless experience, meaning that when you are on the current video, TikTok is already loading next video that you are about to see by swiping.
As the 5G is about to get popular everywhere, it is most likely that TikTok might change its approach to feed in real-time and will not use your mobile storage, also the App is under a constant improvement cycle.
Check out the following useful Article about TikTok account growth.